I’m typing this out this way on purpose I wouldn’t read it and don’t really expect anyone else to But Kate asked me how my job was going the other day and I answered in my usual smart-ass way and I know it annoyed her but that’s why she likes talking to me because there’s never a dull moment Anyways there are things that I love about it and one is that I’m in the best mall in St Louis and I talk to most everyone even if they want nothing to do with me and that’s how I met the wonderful young lady that I’m currently seeing Another is that I work with amazing people and that I’m good at what I do and blah blah But it has it’s drawbacks including that nothing is ever good enough meaning that things could always be done better and the hours are absolutely atrocious and I’m not sure how anyone survives the unruly demands for more than a year or two I’m totally underpaid to what I expect and I’m putting more effort into moving on including casually considering relocation but i’d like to get my son to finish his senior year here so there’s my babbling update on the job and other minor issues
Four weeks ago, I ran a knife through my thumbnail. Not on purpose. Probably. But it hurts like crazy, and I don’t think it’s ever going to heal.
I don’t even like the taste of Gatorade, but I find myself drinking it daily, because I think it’s healthier for me than pop.
The first time I referred to it as “pop" here in St. Louis, some old geezer looked at me and asked: "where you from son?”
One time I overheard my son taking on the phone to my lesbian ex, and she was discussing an impending hail storm, and he asked her: ”is your car parked in the gay-rage?”
My friends and I are planning our December outing at a gay bar. It’ll be my first time. Yeah, I’m just as shocked as you are.
I will never forget, who I was with (Hanna), and where I was at (the corner bar), when I found out that the Tigers of Detroit traded Fielder!!
- I do my best to come across as amusing (shut up, am too), and aloof here, but ya know, I’m a human with emotions and crap. And no, I’m not going to write anything stoic here. Now anyways. You’re welcome.
- I shared mortifying sex horror stories with a fellow tumblr’r today, and I’ve been smiling all morning. Her story won, obviously.
- My senior neighbors have their front door open. What is the magical power of old people to always be hot?!
- I’ve been doing body pump classes for over two years. I’ve learned how easy it is to lose my balance while checking myself out in the mirror. And how to count backwards from 8! Today, I had one of those moments where I couldn’t catch my breath, and my whole body felt weird, and I said out loud: ”I think my heart just stopped.” Lady next to me made it all about her and went “awww.” (I think she thought I was complimenting her. But if I have to explain it, then the moment’s gone, and oh never mind)
- As usual, I’m taking Monday off so that I can catch up on sleep. Nap time is imminent.